If you are on a budget and looking for things to do with your family this fall, you’ve definitely come to the right place. Fall is my favorite season. Mostly because the temperature outside is cooling down and there are so MANY fall family fun activities to do inside AND outside!
So at the end of summer, I enjoy taking the time to create a fall bucket list. It includes all the things I LOVE to do with my kids before the holidays come upon us!
Our Favorite Fall Activities For Families (on a budget!):
1. Find free harvest festivals and events going on in your area
2. Have a bonfire and roast marshmallows
3. Go pumpkin picking
4. Visit an apple orchard and pick apples
5. Make pumpkin spice waffles
6. Go for a fall hike
7. Make a DIY fall wreath
8. Make apple crisp
9. Create your own haunted house
10. Make your own DIY Halloween costumes
11. Try a new soup recipe
12. Take your own fall pictures
13. Visit your local farmer’s market
14. Take a trip to the farm
15. Have a Halloween family movie night and eat candy corn.
16. Go through a corn maze
17. Go to a drive-in movie theater
18. Host a fall brunch, potluck style.
19. Attend a preseason NFL football game (tickets are as low as $10!)
20. Throw a football party, potluck style.
21. Find cheap fall home decor at a thrift store
22. Attend a high school football game and drink hot chocolate.
23. Visit your local library
24. Bake apple & pumpkin pies from scratch
25. Learn how to knit and turn old sweaters into scarves
26. Check local events for free hayrides
27. Visit the zoo. It’s a great time for the animals and it’s more festive this time of year.
28. Decorate your pumpkin. You don’t have to carve it—you can paint it too!
29. Bake pumpkin bread. Yum!
30. Visit a fall fair. Those fresh pumpkin donuts are the best!
It’s Your Turn
With all these ideas to try, this fall should be fun and festive for your family! Don’t forget to save these ideas to your favorite Fall Pinterest board.